Sunday, May 4, 2008

Newsletter 05/04/08

FROM THE DESK, MIND AND HEART OF JEFF HODGES



Hey Everybody,

I hope that each and every one of you have had a week full of wonders and prosperity. I know I have. Life is what you make it and it is filled with what you attract into it. As Jim Rohn says, “We all have the same wind blowing on us. The direction our lives take depends not on the direction of the wind but the set of our sails”. You can properly set your sail by making Personal Development a key part of your life. I would like to welcome all my regulars back and welcome home all my new readers. If you want to read previous issues or maybe you just missed one, you can go to either:


http://www.letmemakeyousuccessful.com/links.html (bottom left corner of the page)
(Due to technical difficulties with my website at the moment, please use the blog below)

OR


http://www.jeffhodges.blogspot.com


********************* Success University *********************
Webster defines Freedom as “Liberation from slavery or restraint or from the power of another: independence”. Guess what ? By definition, I have Freedom in my Life !!! I decide when I get up, how long I work, what days I work and what I work on. There was a time in my Life that someone else made those decisions for me but Success University took that decision making power away from them and put it in MY HANDS !!! The great thing is that it can put that same power in YOUR HANDS !!! Think about it… How wonderful would it make you feel to be able to schedule YOUR week around YOUR wants and desires ??? But the thing is, you have to TAKE ACTION to make that happen. So, what are you waiting for ? TAKE that action and go check out the company that will change YOUR Life forever !!!………..

http://www.jhodges1.successuniversity.com
************************************************************


Some of you may have noticed that I draw a lot of my inspiration for my writing from day to day life. If you let it, Life will teach you many wonderful things. I think it is designed that way. What ever the case, it has always been a great teacher for me and I hope that it always will be. No lesson will stick with you longer than one that you taught yourself through experience and inspiration.

My most recent experience took place just this past week while putting some new office furniture together. Now, that might not sound like much of a setting for some major inspiration but Life doesn’t try to impress you with it’s methods while it teaches. It just teaches. The circumstances are irrelevant. What is important is that the lesson is learned and the point made.

I had just completed the basic assembly of the frame of my new computer desk when I noticed that it seemed unstable and wobbly. I began to go back and check all the points of assembly. I checked the screws to make sure they were tight. I checked the proper placement of all the pieces. I even checked to make sure that I hadn’t inadvertently left a piece out. Nope, everything tight, present and accounted for. Well, needless to say that I was quick to jump to conclusions and tell myself that I must have purchased an inferior product.

So, after beating myself up for not buying a higher quality in office furniture, I decided to continue with the assembly. Page after page of instructions and piece after piece of the desk, I slowly made my way through the process; another brace here, another bracket there. But, to my amazement, something wonderful was happening. The more pieces of the desk I put in place, the more stable and strong it became. I continued on and before you know it I had completed my project. I stood back, looked at my work, gave it a firm shake and smiled. You see, after FOLLOWING THE INSTRUCTIONS I was given and PUTTING ALL THE PIECES IN PLACE, what I had imagined to be less than I thought it should be turned into a rock solid structure !!!

If you’re wondering where I’m going with this, I’m getting to that right now. Many of you start businesses and at first you don’t think they are going to be all they are cracked up to be. You doubt them before you even put all the pieces in place. Also, many of you completely leave out a lot of very important pieces. And to make things even worse, many of you throw away the instructions and build it YOUR WAY.

Let me tell you something folks. When you go into a business, if you want to make the money that the Top Money Earners are making then you have to do what they are doing. There is a system in place with many different things comprising it. You can’t leave out several of those pieces and expect to get the same results as the Big Dogs in the company. And then there is the issue of the instructions. You have to be Teachable, Trainable and Coachable. You can’t re-invent the wheel in your respective business and expect it to happen like it does for those that DO WHAT THEY ARE TOLD !!! So, just remember this; when it comes to your business, ALWAYS use all the PIECES and FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS of your Company Leaders !!! Trust me… THAT’S HOW THEY GOT THERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!


************************************************************
“Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”

- Thomas Alva Edison
************************************************************

************************************************************
“All growth depends upon activity. There is no development physically or intellectually without effort, and effort means work.”

- Calvin Coolidge
************************************************************

I have really had a lot of inspirational things cross my path lately and I wanted to share this one with you. As you read it, think about the lesson it teaches. Many times in Life it may seem that things are being unnecessarily difficult or unfair. Sometimes it may seem that you are being punished for something you didn’t do. But, the truth is, that you have to be taken out of your comfort zone in order to grow. You have to deal with certain aspects of Life in an often uncomfortable environment in order to learn how to do deal with it better and more effectively next time. It’s the same in your business when you think your company leaders are pushing you too hard. You must learn to tell the difference between a Bad Experience and a Growing Experience !!!

----


Malachi 3:3 says: "He will sit as a refiner and purifier of silver."

This verse puzzled some women in a Bible study and they wondered what this statement meant about the character and nature of God. One of the women offered to find out the process of refining silver and get back to the group at their next Bible Study. That week, the woman called a silversmith and made an appointment to watch him at work. She didn't mention anything about the reason for her interest beyond her curiosity about the process of refining Silver.

As she watched the silversmith, he held a piece of silver over the fire and let it heat up. He explained that in refining silver, one needed to hold the silver in the middle of the fire where the flames were hottest as to burn away all the impurities. The woman thought about God holding us in such a hot spot; then she thought again about the verse that says: "He sits as a refiner and purifier of silver." She asked the silversmith if it was true that, He had to sit there in front of the fire the whole time the silver was being refined. The man answered that yes, He not only had to sit there holding the silver, but he had to keep his eyes on the silver the entire time it was in the fire. If the silver was left a moment too long in the flames, it would be destroyed.

The woman was silent for a moment. Then she asked the silversmith, "How do you know when the silver is fully refined?" He smiled at her and answered, "Oh, that's easy -- when I see my image in it."

----

You see folks, just as God is refining us to take us one step closer to being in his likeness, your leaders are trying to do the same thing. They want you to do well. They want you to prosper. They want you to reach the same heights of achievement that they have. But, they also know that if you are not forced to function outside of your comfort zone that you will NEVER GROW and NEVER ACHIEVE what they have achieved. They are going to hold you in the fire until they SEE THEIR IMAGE IN YOU !!!


************************************************************
“Leaders must wake people out of inertia. They must get people excited about something they've never seen before, something that does not yet exist.”

- Rosabeth Moss Kanter
************************************************************


As usual, the clock hasn’t slowed down a bit for me tonight. But, that’s ok. I need to call it a night and get ready for tomorrow. Who knows what great wonders and adventures are around the corner for me…. AND YOU !!! My friends, Life is waiting for you to claim what you want. You can HAVE, DO or BE anything you want. It’s up to you. I call my own shots and so can you. All the power in the World resides in your mind. USE that power and change you Life !!! Until the Good Lord affords us this opportunity again, just remember to always…



JUST SAY “NO” TO NEGATIVITY !!!



Sincerely,



Jeff Hodges


JeffreyHodges@thedreameffect.com
http://www.thedreameffect.com
http://www.letmemakeyousuccessful.com
http://www.jhodges1.successuniversity.com
http://www.jeffhodges.blogspot.com

270-320-1324

Skype ID : jeffhodges1

No comments: